This site was created so that additional information, pictures and videos could be shared. This Fluffy Dog is being fostered in St. Charles, IL by Joan and Bob. They are lifelong animal lovers and have three dogs and several cats of their own. They began fostering for Fluffy Dog Rescue in December 2014. (They fostered two dogs, Patience and Phoebe, before the creation of this blog)

Keeva doing great

Miss Keeva is doing just great!  I'm sorry I haven't had time to add to this blog about her.  Crazy time of year for us with kids activities, my volunteer work, jobs, etc!  But, here's the latest.  Mom and Bob were fostering Keeva and she did great at their house with their cats and their three dogs.  Then, they went on vacation and Keeva came here to hang out with my crew...husband, 2 daughters and three dogs.  She fits in so well here I want her to stay.  She is great with all the other dogs.  She tries to get even the 70 pound lab to play.  She has no problems sharing toys and waits patiently for treats and food and leaves the others alone as they eat theirs.

Keeva had a few accidents in her first couple of days here but has been accident free for about a week.  Yay!  I work from home and the dogs get out several times a day.  I do watch her when I let her out to make sure she does her business but she's been very good about getting the job done.

She is very good about entertaining herself and will find toys in the "toy box."  She likes to toss little fluffy toys in the air and she also likes to chew on a nylabone occasionally.  Outside of finding a pair of underwear on the floor, she's been good about only chewing things that she should.

During the day she rests in a little dog bed next to my desk.  At night she'll cuddle up with me as I watch TV.  Mom and Bob did tell me that she likes Animal Planet and I laughed but I have seen her perk up and watch the TV when there's an animal sound.  So, I would agree, she does seem to like Animal Planet.  If I leave the house for an hour or two I don't crate her.  She's been good about finding her dog bed and hanging out with the other dogs.  There have been no messes.  I've only heard her bark a few times..when playing with one of my dogs and when joining my dogs barking at a passer by.  I do think that if my dogs didn't start the barking she wouldn't be interested at all.

At night, she cuddles up with me in bed and sleeps until my husband comes to bed later.  He then moves her to a crate in our room. She sleeps soundly through the night until one of us starts to stir in the morning.

She is a smart girls and has learned "sit" and "down" in the time she's been with Mom, Bob and me.  She is a bright and alert girl and has been easy to train.

She is a shy girl.  She'll be shy around strangers and even with my two girls she is shy. But, once I earned her trust after about a day she's been my shadow and my love bug.  Just a wonderful companion.  She's really a great dog.  Loving but not clingy.  Confident but gets along well with others. Smart girl from what I can tell.  Her adopter will need to give her some space in the beginning  for her to get settled in and comfortable.

Keeva came to the rescue heartworm positive.  She's been treated and now she just needs a monthly heartworm tablet like any other dog.  We've fostered and adopted out many dogs who have been treated for heartworm, you can read about several just on this blog, they all do great.

Thanks for reading and thanks for thinking rescue!

Gorgeous, isn't she?  

Sleeping next to my desk during the day

Doing "sit" with Bob

And now "down"